Posted to rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default TIP: When replacing capacitors in a video monitor...

There's usually a big difference in size between a 50 and 250 working
voltage one. And if replacing the lot it should have been obvious by the
size difference between all the new ones?

We're talking about 25-30 year old monitors, I fix a lot of these, the new
caps are usually far smaller physically than the old ones, plenty of modern
250V caps are smaller even than the old 50V caps.