Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Ping: Mac Davis

mac davis wrote in
:

Yes, Sonny... rare earth magnets in matching cups... The cups focus
the magnetic force and let you use a smaller magnet to hold the same
weight, though the main reason that I use them is to make mounting the
magnet easier.. The cup mounts with a #4 flathead screw and works very
well..

magnets.. I use "A"
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,42363,42348

Cups...
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,42363,42348

I added a narrow shelf under each row, mostly as an alignment thing,
but also to help hold thin or round shaft tools like bowl gouges..

I have a smaller, wall mounted version for bench chisels, pry bars,
etc..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

As a side effect, you can use your nice scary sharp chisel to pick up a
dropped screw or two. ;-)

Puckdropper