Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default My review of Harbor Freight's 93977 Ratcheting Crimper

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 18:13:45 -0600, Ignoramus21145
wrote:

For heavy wire like welding cable or battery leads, I use a hammer
crimp tool. Not this exact model, but same idea:
http://store.solar-electric.com/hacrtoforlal.html
Hit with BIG hammer, make good crimp. Drag welder around by leads,
the crimps won't pull out!

There are manual crimpers sold for this, trhey are large, like bolt
cutters.

Yes, and bench- or pedesal-mounted ones that are even larger. The
litle hammer crimp tool works fine for a few crimps per year, takes
about no space, and cost me 20 bux brand new. (I already had a
hammer)