Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Dirty Kitchen Woes

wrote

WOW! Thank you all so much for the ideas and suggestions! It's a lot
to undertake at once, but little by little I'll get it done!

Happy to help! As you may have seen my list, most of us realize you
probably have many things to do and are working on the most important ones
first.

scrubby material. The plan is to get the cabinets cleaned so I can
put fresh white paint down, and to wash the walls to prime for the
lovely yellow we chose for the room. There's already a yellow trim to
save me some work too!

You may want to think about white on the cabinets? It will get dirty real
fast and show dirt something fierce. Humm, yellow and...maybe consider a
light blue that matches to the yellow? Not knowing what the rest of the
kitchen looks like, that may not match but it's an idea for you to think
about.

Another question: What's a good way to get the contact paper off the
inside of my cupboards? I freaking hate contact paper...

Hahaha! Ok, peel it off then the same stuff you used for the wallpaper will
help. I redid mine with 'corkwood paper' as it was easy and i could just
put it over the top. It keeps things from sliding around too much as well.