Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle[_2_] Cliff Hartle[_2_] is offline

Default wiring question

I would get a two gang metal handy box, a grounded cord with a plug, and an
outlet.

Wire the way others have said but wire the outlet to the load side of the
switch. Add a cover plate and now you have a timer that works with any
appliance and is up to code.

"Paul Oman" wrote in message

I have a electronic countdown timer designed to replace an in-wall wall
switch. However, I want to splice it into the cord of a small appliance
(so that the appliance shuts off automatically ).

The time has 4 wires - black (line); white (neutral), Red (load) and green
(ground). So, how do I splice it into the power cord of my appliance?

thanks

paul oman