Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Monroe Steve Monroe is offline

Default When I was a kid ............

Then I believe you qualify for the "Old Geezer" club Bill. G
Funny that the thread about square head set screws made me think of doing
the trike mod years ago. The forks on bikes & trikes are held on with that
type of screw.
Steve in OK

"Bill Janssen" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
"Steve Monroe" wrote in message

.....my older brother & I took my long unused 16" tricycle apart and
inverted the fork, flipped the main part upside down and rigged up a a
board for a seat onto what used to be the underside of the small
platform meant for your friend to stand on while you sat & pedaled.
This was in the early 1950s and about 20 yrs later Mattel invented the
Big Wheel and made about a Bazillion dollars. sigh
Steve in OK
(also listened to KOMA on a Crystal radio)

Hey, it took that guy a long time to collect on the intermittent
windshield wiper idea. I'd go for it.

Steve ;-)

But I did that modification to my tricycle in the mid 1930's. And I don't
think I came up with
the idea myself.

Bill K7NOM ( in California)