Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default My review of Harbor Freight's 93977 Ratcheting Crimper

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 15:35:21 -0500, Leon Fisk
wrote:

It depends on the terminal, wire, crimper, use and the
operator. Way too many variables involved for just one
answer as to "why it failed".

Some terminals are just crap and some are really, really
nice. But you pay for the latter, unless you can find a good
deal some how (yard sale, auction...).

Personally I despise the ratchet crimpers. Once you start
squeezing, it is a pain to reposition the lug (some do have
a convenient release, but many don't).

The HF crimper does have a ratchet release lever. I wouldn't exactly
call it "convenient", but it's there.