Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default When I was a kid ............

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 10:12:59 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, Bob
quickly quoth:

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 10:34:31 -0700, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

Gerald Miller wrote:
Many a night I spent hours listening to XERF 1570, after the local
station, CFOR Orillia, Ontario went off the air on the same frequency.
Gerry :-)}

Don't recognize the X call sign. Where is it?
...lew...

In Mexico. I used to listen to the oldies show on XERB "100,000 watts
from Rosarita Beach, Mexico" after midnight.

Yeah, if that's the one I'm remembering, it had a bandwidth about 4MHz
wide. I often wished they'd tune the damned xmitter and only broadcast
on -one- station at a time. And give that announcer a lozenge.
(Wolfman Jack

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.