Eric R Snow

Default OT Space rock hits house- For John S.

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 00:29:42 GMT, "steve walker"
wrote:

C'mon. I would think that a meteorite would have enough energy to go through
more than just the roof. Kind of like shooting through a thickness of wood
with a rifle, and slowing the slug down enough to catch it with a gloved
hand. Volcano eruption in Indonesia ejecta maybe?

Years ago, I saw a picture of a woman who had been struck by a
meteorite. The piece that struck her was small, pea sized. This woman
was hugely fat and had a giant bruise on her side. I looked at the
picture with horrible fascination. I wonder now if it was a hoax? I
know pieces of meteorites can be moving slow enough to stop once they
crash through a roof, but that lady being struck by one has always
rankled.
ERS