Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing,sci.chem
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Anything I can pour into water heater that will dissolve deposits?

clipped

Bill,

Is your water softened? If so, the stuff you're removing isn't the same as
the typical hard water build up. IIRC, the softener converts calcium
carbonate (hard stuff) to sodium bicarbonate which is flaky when dry but
mushy (thin and soupy?) when wet. Flushing or dissolving sodium bicarbonate
is relatively easy.

Just remember the "IIRC" I qualified my chemistry with : )

And adding a strong acid to that will do what? Got a pressure valve?