Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default CD-player erratic with CD-Rs

"EpsilonRho" wrote in message
t...

Thank you all for the reply. I'm an electronic engineer, so I am aware of
the pot adjustment issue. Before playing with them I marked their
positions
with a fine line of white paint. The main question is if typically there
is
a pot that sets the gain of the laser preamp (I would exclude an increase
in
laser output). A cursory look at the printed circuit board failed to
reveal
such pot.
Thanks, Gene

There will not be. 'Standard' commercial designs have never had one. You are
actually lucky to have the pots that you mentioned ! For some years now,
most designs have had no physical adjustments at all ...

Can you see what laser type it uses ? It's usually on a little sticker on
the laser connection PCB.

Arfa