Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Marshall "1962" from 1993

"N Cook" wrote in message
Working order but for bad pot, but some things are not pucker.
One of the dual 50uF, 500V can caps has a dent, obviously not causing a
problem but leave as is, replace or try "panel-beating" outwards with some
jubillee clips and leather circumferential compression or some other
technique?
Where in the UK to obtain such replacement caps?

The main carying handles, presumably original as no other holes, are just
held with woodscrews into thin carcass wood, splintered away internally,
as
no pilot holes drilled, - replace with nuts/washers and bolts?

Are the handles not working then ? Presumably, if they are, and have been
fixed like it for 14 years, then there are no good reasons that I can see,
for changing the mounting method.

Personally, as far as the caps go, I'd invoke that good old maxim "If it
ain't broke, don't fix it ! ". Just relieve the owner of a suitable amount
of money for sorting his pot problem, and move on to the next one. It's
called having a commercial business model, and is what's needed to ensure
that you can pay your bills, and get away for a rest a couple of times a
year ...

Arfa