Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus21145 Ignoramus21145 is offline

Default My review of Harbor Freight's 93977 Ratcheting Crimper

On 2007-12-08, Karl Townsend wrote:
I have a similar ratcheting crimp, and I am very satisfied.

I'm curious if I'm the only one...

I've historically had maybe 1 in 20 or 1 in 50 crimps pull out later. Then a
MISERABLE time finding what went wrong. So, I gave up. I solder all my crimp
connectors to the wire.

I do this only on very safety critical things or where there is
contamination, flexing etc, like trailer wiring. Supposedly, a good
crimp does not need soldering. I never had any crimps pull out, but
then, I never had a situation where crimp was taking any serious
mechanical stress.