Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Radiators which do not work

In uk.d-i-y, wrote:
On 7 Dec, 18:15, downsizer wrote:
Hi

I have moved into a new house with an open Central heating system. 2
of the radiators do not work or heat. The have been bled are are fine.
ie water not air escapes when the bled valve is opened. The hot feed
to the radiator is also warm so hot water is getting a far as the
valve. I have also opened the valve fully. Any ideas?

Regards

MM

Sticky valve?
Can you take the head of it? There is a pin of some sort underneath
that controls the water flow. If this sticks, no water gets through,
regardless of how you set the thermostat.

I used to have that problem in a previous house.

Grab the pin with pliers and work it up and down to loosen it.

Prepare for the same problem when switching the system on next autumn.

--
Mike Barnes