Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Rambling Rodents

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
k...
Had a weird job this morning. Customer is bothered by some kind of
rodent - heard scratching under the dining room floor & also in the loft
conversion.

Been going on for years off & on. Stops for a while then starts again.

Poison has been put down in the loft & dead rats found.

The council rat expert reckoned they were getting into the (insulated)
cavity wall space & climbing up all the way into the loft. Well
maintained end of terrace (four houses) in a nice area, other three
neighbours nice, clean respectable people. No squats, rubbish etc.

Guy employed me to lift some boards in the dining room & see if there was
any way they were getting in.

No sign under the floor of anything but loads of dust & a 1939 newspaper.
No droppings, no sign of any dust disturbance, plenty of undisturbed
cobwebs.

Can a rat really climb up two storeys through cavity wall insulation to
reach the loft?

Why would a rat want to do so? I guess its warm but no food source up
there.

Any thoughts?

No food source? What about the insulation around the electric cables?

Adam