Posted to alt.home.repair
Scout Lady[_2_] Scout Lady[_2_] is offline

Default Telephone suggestion

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Terry wrote:
Maybe someone with some influence might be listening.

Mine works that way now: I use Vonage. I don't CARE whether the number is
in my area, the U.S., Canada, or Mexico. I have to dial some extra digits
to reach the UK or EU, but I don't have to worry about the cost.

In fact, with Vonage, I can get an area code for my home phone that
translates into any area of the country. If I want my customers to think
I'm in New York, I can get a 212 area code. If I want them to think I'm in
Los Angeles, I can get a 714.

Our long distance bill (at three-cents/minute) still cost our company over
$200/month. For $19.95 all that went away. That's $19.95 flat for a
telephone number and all the extras: touch-tone, caller-id, call-waiting,
call-forwarding, voice-mail, etc. No 911 access fee, universal service
fee, Al Gore tax, Spanish-American war tax, fuel surcharge,
blah-blah-blah.

I had Vonage and it sucked. The calls constantly broke up and there was
always an echo. They also pulled a bait and switch on me for a fax line and
charged me 3x as much as they stated on the phone. I switched to packet 8
and that sucked even worse, same connection problems as vonage but the worse
customer service. At least vonage tried to improve the situation while I sat
for days waiting on a response from packet 8.