Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default Telephone suggestion

Maybe someone with some influence might be listening.

There are so many 10 digit areas now, I would like to see a change in
the way the phone service works. I think it would be pretty easy to
implement if the right person listening.

You should be able to dial any 10 digit number. If it is a local call
then the call would just be automatically connected.

The change would be if you dial a long distance number. You should
get a recording saying.......the number you have dialed is a long
distance number. If you are willing to pay for the call press 1, if
not please hang up.

This replaces the recording.....It is not necessary to dial a 1 before
making this call.
It also replaces the recording......I am sorry you must first dial a 1
before making this call.
It also makes it unnecessary to dial the number again.