Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Lassiter Doug Lassiter is offline

Default sacrificial anode -- I'm confused

The "Installation Instructions and Use & Care Guide", page 28 shows the
locations of the anode rods on your heater. Check it out at:

http://www.whirlpoolwaterheater.com/...ls/6510233.pdf

Oh my. The guide I have has 27 pages! I saw this at the
whirlpoolwaterheater site, but the front page was the same as what I
had, so I just figured I already had the whole document. I can't
understand what happened to my guide! Very screwy. The text does refer
to the "Repair Parts Illustration", which had me puzzled.

I owe ya one. Thanks!

OK. That means that the sacrificial anode is hiding in the hole under
the spray-on foam I was reluctant to excavate. Gotta get out the pick
and shovel!

I guess that means there is one, not two? I've read that the high-year
warranty heaters either have two of anodes, or one heavy gauge one. So
I gather this is the latter.

Doug