Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe Andy Cuffe is offline

Default Sony Trinitron CPD-100ES

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 11:58:22 -0800 (PST), kronflux
wrote:

well, I took it apart, and I honestly was overwhelmed. I'm no
technician, and I found 2 'knobs' or something. black things that look
adjustable. I think there was one on the flyback transformer. but I'm
not positive, because I'm not even entirely sure what a flyback
transformer is or what it does. but using google, I got a general idea
of where it should be. but I can't find any labels like "screen" or
"brightness" or anything for that matter.
so I didn't want to experiment adjusting those 'knobs' without knowing
what they do, cause I'd rather not kill a monitor

Most Sony computer monitors lack a screen adjustment knob. They have
to be adjusted via computer software and an interface cable. If it's
too dim to use, chances are the CRT is weak, or there's something else
wrong with the monitor and adjustment won't fix it.
Andy Cuffe