Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default Corner Cab - work in progress

Swingman said:

Beautiful turning ... look out charlieb and mac!

Thanks. I'm not sure how profitable, considering the hours involved
versus the fact that I don't have a machine or a crew of slave
laborers to pump them out. Keeps me out of trouble, FWIW.

All that work, and it's still a McMansion in a dirty corporate owned
southern city. Tired and feeling way too old for this sort of thing...

Great work, Greg!! That is something to be proud of!!

Thanks again. I feel a little like I'm gold plating a Vega, however.
The framing and materials faux pas' leave something to be desired.

BTW, looks similar to some of what I've been building the past few years:

They look a tad bigger than this abortion, I'd say. They sure look
good from the street views. Of course the proof of the pudding is a
closer inspection - something that isn't done very often around here.

... although I subcontract most all of the work out due to too many years
under the bridge for that much humping (but I did the kitchens on the first
two by myself, and Leon and I have done the kitchens on the last three).

I understand completely and emphatically. I'm no spring chicken.
Plumbing and electrical are considerably less taxing. And I really
hate sanding sheet rock and painting.

Incidentally, what brand/type of windows do you use?
I wasn't really impressed with these special orders, but they weren't
the most expensive either.

Slave Laborors, Lawyers, and Technology, Bah!

Yeah, I remember those trials and tribulations ... keep your chin up buddy!

I does get pretty old being poked at like a specimen in a petri dish.
That's why the woodturnings - they keep me away from the locals. :-/

You're doing better than you think.

At least I'm not selling used cars to poor single mothers at the buy
now, repo later lot.

Good to see you're still around, along with a few other familiars.
I still read a few messages every month or so.
And if I don't see you before then, have a merry Christmas.

Greg G.