Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Awright, McGiver types

. net...

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote

I'll take that nasty old jazz or classical anytime. Especially the
baroque.

Harold

First LP record I ever bought was in 1965. Dave Brubeck Take Five.

Steve

We've had our differences in the past, Steve, but you just grew in
stature, at least in my eyes. I thrive on his music, particularly the
old quartet, which included Dave, piano, Paul Desmond (deceased) alto
sax, Eugene Wright (a true gentleman if there ever was one) string base
and Joe Morello, drums. You may know that this quartet was disbanded in
'67.

By the way, the grand old gentleman turned 87 years old today----and he's
still touring, although on a limited basis. I've met and talked to him
on several occasions. He is, without a doubt, one of the finest human
beings I've ever encountered.

Harold

And now for a promotion ............ how about Stan Getz and Astrud
Gilberto? (sp)Getz/Gilberto and a mix of excellent musicians, steamy female
vocals, hot rhythms, exotic instruments, and the lovely Portugese language.
Very listenble stimulating music. Know whut uh mean, Vern?

I have a New Year resolution. That's to try to stick to topics in
newsgroups and avoid entanglements. There's too many good things to talk
about to get into those discussions.

BTW, I never considered you an adversary. We just had some different ways
of doing things and looking at things. Your posts have always been full of
knowledge, experience and instruction. Very much so compared to some of the
wannabes in the newsgroup.

Steve