Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Tapering problem

"tiredofspam" wrote
Exactly. The saw blade is in the same position,
the stock is square.
The magnification doesn't happen if the stock is square.
The blade is square, hence the perpendicular cut.

wish I knew why this happens.

Swingman wrote:

Obviously, the juxtaposition between the blade, the stock, and the jig
(stock always varying, however minutely, in dimension/flatness

throughout
its length) is at the root of the problem, but I'll be damned if I've
figured out how to overcome it myself when using a tapering jig on the

TS.

I think it's a combination of factors, and, like an intermittent,
non-reproducible, bug in a complicated piece of computer code, I've learned
to just deal with the aftermath.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/30/07