Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default converting steam to hot water

On Dec 7, 8:18 am, mike wrote:
has anyone gone through the process of converting a steam system to
hot water by using the old steam radiators and piping? i have been
told i can do this since i have a two pipe system with the hot water
type of radiators. but I can't help but wonder whether my the size of
my steam pipes is too large. i think my main is 3". also i wonder if
the system will leak with hot water. any thoughts. thanks.

All the steam vents at the radiators need to be replaced with
bleeders, and there may be steam traps in the piping that have to be
removed.

Does the system leak with steam?

JK