Posted to sci.electronics.repair
EpsilonRho EpsilonRho is offline

Default CD-player erratic with CD-Rs

This unit, TEAC PD-D850, is having difficulties playing audio CD-Rs. Not
every CD-R has
problems, only some of them and the problem consists in not locking into the
tracks. The strange thing is that the CD-Rs are all of the same brand, same
manufacturing date and even from the same canister!(TDK 48X, 80min). I
opened the unit thinking that perhaps the signal gain need to be slightly
adjusted. I found 4 potentiometers called:
1. T-OFFSET
2. T-GAIN
3. E F/BAL
4. FREERUN
I tried to adjust them with no avail. Any leads? What is the difference in
the signal between a normal CD and a CD-R?
Thank you very much,
Gene