Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default F/F Circuit

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 03:33:33 +0000, West wrote:

Using a 555 or similar type chip, I would like to have the output change
from low to high or high to low every time the system is turned on. IOW,
the output is a high, then the system is turned off. When the system is
turned back on, the output goes low. Each power up of the circuit
changes or "flips" the output state. I am willing to incorporate CMOS
and a battery back up in the design. Some of the ideas I entertained is
a divide by 2 in front of the toggle, giving me the same state every
other time. However, I'm not sure how to do this practically or if it's
the way to go. Any suggestions out there? All comments welcomed and
thanks.

Why a 555? Did the teacher say so? Because that's not the chip you'd
use here, unless you're looking for a one-shot to generate the toggle
pulse.

You should ask the teacher why he/she wants to use a 555 here, and
report back.

Good Luck!
Rich