Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
cm cm is offline

Default Cheap Bowl Lathe

Steven,

I have a friend that makes his own faceplates and they are the ugliest
things you have ever seen and not one is close to running true, but that
does not matter once you true up the wooden blank that is attached to the
faceplate. He makes his living with these crappy faceplates a, $25.00
grinder with cheap gray wheels, and a ugly home built wood lathe.

cm

www.vintagetrailersforsale.com

"Steven Raphael" wrote in message
My Idea of a cheap Bowl lathe.
Old Craftman monotube Lathe $10.00
Faceplates 4 inch disk $5.00 3 inch disk $0.00
above trued up drilled and tapped 3/4 16 tpi $0.00
Treadmill motor and controller $0.00

Total cost $15.00

I drilled and tappped the faceplates myself. trueing them up took a
litttle
while but they work.
I still have to make a freestanding toolrest but that may have to wait
until
it is a little warmer.