Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
spaco spaco is offline

Default What do you make from 6 inch diameter cherry logs?m Thanks.

Thank you all for your input. I will go out there and cut some up
today. I think I will put the pieces into a plastic bage, not tightly
sealed, now that they are inside.

Pete Stanaitis
-------------------

spaco wrote:

I have a 3 foot long and a 5 foot long piece of cherry log that I didn't
scrap when I was trimming a fence row. My total experience with bowl
turning is one 9 inch diameter simple bowl of willow.

What might one make from the subject logs? I cut them about 4 years
ago. I painted the ends of the larger immediately, but not the other
one. There is checking on that shorter one, but not too bad. I'll saw
into it when it thaws.

Pete Stanaitis