Posted to alt.autos, alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default What happens if I screw up the coolant air bleed?

On Dec 6, 9:13 pm, bryanska wrote:
Right now the car is cooling down. When it is cold again, I will
repeat the process correctly.

Update - the car cooled down.

I repeated the procedure and followed directions.

I let the engine idle, with the pressure cap off, until the upper hose
was hot. Then I opened the bleeder valve.

The coolant spurted with air for a few seconds, then ran nice and
steady with a solid stream of coolant. I closed the valve and replaced
the pressure cap.

Lots of heat from the blower. A 15 minute drive showed no signs of
over or under heating.

It worked!

Now go and clean up the coolant before animals get into it. It can
kill them. Glad it worked out for you.