Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Beginner's Choice of Digital Camera

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:00:02 -0600, Jim Redelfs
wrote:

-snip-
Advantage: Uses Canon's newest DiG!C III image processor. That promises the
best performance regarding "shutter lag" - the bane of virtually all
point-n-shoot cameras to date.

4 of the last 5 cameras in this household have been Canon Powershots.
[they can't fly or swim- so don't throw them down stairs or drop them
in bathtubs] Shutter lag is the only thing I can say bad about
them. We just ordered the A560 for my daughter. [Walmart had a
Blackfriday sale- $148 - with a free all-in-one printer] If the
shutter lag is improved I'll replace my wife's 520 with a 560.

We haven't fired up my daughter's A560- but man what an LCD on that
puppy!

Advantage: Uses two, common 'AA'-size batteries.
Disadvantage: Uses two, common 'AA'-size batteries.

Agree 100% with both premises- If you use a lot of flash get a few
sets of top of the line NIMH batteries and a charger.

You would do well to ask your question in a more appropriate newsgroup:

second that-

Jim