Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default What Causes This?

"Dottie" wrote in message
My house has two outside faucets. One on the north side, where the
water line comes in to the house, is fine. The other one is on the
south side....right under the bathroom window. All the faucets in
that bathroom are fine, no noise. The outside faucet makes a jarring
racket that can be heard all over the house. Why? Is there anything
I can do? I know that air in the line can cause it - it's a vibration
type noise....but why just that faucet?

It could be caused by a loose washer or worn threads on the stem. If you can
replace the washer tightly and snug up the stem seal that will lilkely stop
the noise.

Don Young