Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics
Arlet Ottens Arlet Ottens is offline

Default F/F Circuit

West wrote:
Using a 555 or similar type chip, I would like to have the output change
from low to high or high to low every time the system is turned on. IOW, the
output is a high, then the system is turned off. When the system is turned
back on, the output goes low. Each power up of the circuit changes or
"flips" the output state. I am willing to incorporate CMOS and a battery
back up in the design. Some of the ideas I entertained is a divide by 2 in
front of the toggle, giving me the same state every other time. However, I'm
not sure how to do this practically or if it's the way to go. Any
suggestions out there? All comments welcomed and thanks.

Use a PIC, and save the state in EEPROM if you don't need more than
1,000,000 power cycles.