Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller Kevin Miller is offline

Default What do you make from 6 inch diameter cherry logs?

spaco wrote:
I have a 3 foot long and a 5 foot long piece of cherry log that I didn't
scrap when I was trimming a fence row. My total experience with bowl
turning is one 9 inch diameter simple bowl of willow.

What might one make from the subject logs? I cut them about 4 years
ago. I painted the ends of the larger immediately, but not the other
one. There is checking on that shorter one, but not too bad. I'll saw
into it when it thaws.

Pete Stanaitis

I'd make these: http://www.alaska.net/~atftb/fullsize/potpourri.jpg

You can get the pewter lid from Lee Valley or Packard Woodworks for
around $3+ each...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller