Posted to alt.home.repair
Peetie Wheatstraw Peetie Wheatstraw is offline

Default Beginner's Choice of Digital Camera

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 22:55:00 GMT, (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

In article , "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Malcolm Hoar" wrote in message
In article , Pudding Dot Man
At Gmail Dot Com wrote:

I took a peek. Refurb with 3 mo. warranty. I'd rather plunk down a few
more $

Here are some good recommendations covering the spectrum
from $130 to $8000:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm

Rockwell is kind of opinionated but this is a pretty
sensible (although not exhaustive) list of good buys.
He'll wisely steer you away from ebay and other scam
rich sources.

Buying a refurb from the original manufacturer isn't a scam.

I didn't say it was. However, I do maintain that ebay
is a scam rich source. And even opening an ebay account
exposes one to some of that nonsense. I can safely
discard all of the email that refers to my ebay account
for the simple reason that I don't have one. If I
actually had an account there I'd have to sort out
the genuine from all of the scams. And I get many
of them each and every day!

No offence, but "The Internet" is a scam rich source.

No reputable business will ask for sensitive personal
info in Email. Delete anthing that does ask.

Ebay is everything, from some great deals to some
100% blatant rip-offs. Caveat emptor. Ebay and
Craigslist are the only practical sources I know
for used/outdated stuff.

Peetie