Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default Garage door opens part-way

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Dec 6, 3:28 pm, engwar wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I have noticed that it seems to do this more on colder days. DerbyDad
may have hit the nail on the head.

I'll see if I can find the manual in the box o' information the
previous owners left us and see what's required in adjusting the up
force.

While I'm at it I may clean the sensors and lubricate everything too.

Thanks again.

You may not need a manual. Grab a step ladder, a chair or a cooler
(depending on how tall you are ;-) ) and look for either a plastic
screw head or a knob or some turnable item on the motor housing. They
should be labeled something like Up Force, Down Force, Up Limit and
Down Limit. Good luck!

But before the OP does that, he should check the door's balance, as
suggested by someone else. It may be that the counterbalance springs need
adjusting.