Posted to alt.home.repair
Peetie Wheatstraw Peetie Wheatstraw is offline

Default Beginner's Choice of Digital Camera

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:47:12 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

On the WinXP and WinVista newsgroups there is universal ragging about the
unbelievably crappy software that comes with Hewlitt-Packard cameras (and
just about everything else HP sells), principally the incompatibility their
software has with the operating system and other functions.

If getting your pictures OUT of your camera and INTO the computer is
important, bear in mind that you may have problems attempting to use HP
software to do it.

I've -got- the software that came with my HP 4215 printer/etc installed.
It's not useless, but it has been damned problematical.

I'm still running Win 2000, swore off OS's that report hardware
profiles, etc years ago. I figger I'll have to install the
vendor's (i.e. Canon) software or a freeware/shareware product
(if available).

HP and GE and any cheapo cam vendors are currently not in my sights.

Thx.
Peetie