Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Beginner's Choice of Digital Camera

check the red tag specials at walmart. I just bought a nikon coolpix L4 for
$75.

"Peetie Wheatstraw" wrote in message

Years ago I bought a cheapo Digital Concepts camera for $15 - 10 rebate.
Didn't even have a flash. Still works, but it's more a toy than a cam.

I'm strapped for cash, but I've got $150 in Sears gift cards. Figger
I'll buy myself a real beginners digcam for Xmas.

What's good? What's bad? I once asked an Office Max sales guy about
their display of maybe 20 cams and got blank, blank stares.

It's just me and my crazy dawg here. Do any beginners cams (bc's) have
something more sophisticated than 2 and 10 second shutter delays?

I assume they all have software that'll allow USB 2.0 downloads
to .jpg files and the like ...

The only bc's I've seen with as much as 1 yr warranty are Canon.

Sears has Canon PowerShot A560 7mp for $150. Anybody know anything about
that
make/model? Know of anything better for comparable $?

Thx,
Peetie