Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Beginner's Choice of Digital Camera

"HeyBub" wrote
Sears has Canon PowerShot A560 7mp for $150. Anybody know anything
about that make/model? Know of anything better for comparable $?

On the WinXP and WinVista newsgroups there is universal ragging about the
unbelievably crappy software that comes with Hewlitt-Packard cameras (and
just about everything else HP sells), principally the incompatibility
their software has with the operating system and other functions.

If getting your pictures OUT of your camera and INTO the computer is
important, bear in mind that you may have problems attempting to use HP
software to do it.

Naw, if I am right and it's the same unit I have, when you plug it in to the
USB port, XP thinks it just gained a removable hard-drive. You can just
copy stuff over from it.

I know it doesnt have all the fancy features, but this one is an easy
beginner type which works well for it's price. I do not work for Canon or
anything, just a happy owner. There were some cheaper ones but being camera
'dumb' most were just too hard to figure out. The price was right and the
ease was right. It can also do a sort of moving picture video and i think
it can trap sound as well but I havent played with that feature.