Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Varmint(s) under the house

"Smitty Two" wrote
Norminn wrote:

Get a humane trap from animal control. Decide what to do with the
animal after it is in the trap. My mom used to relocate possum and
racoons. You can do it )

This is not quite as humane as we would like to believe, but it's better
than many alternatives. A few years ago, while DAGS for raccoon control
problems, I found one site that said to keep a raccoon from coming back,
you have to move it *25 miles.* That puts it well into unfamiliar and
already staked-out territory, with minimal chance of long term survival.

I got curious about this one and called the local society. Here they come
and lay the traps then pick them up and do the relocating. There's a fee
involved but it's nominal and seems to just cover their costs.
Redistributing on your own is not advised due to hazards with rabies and
such.