Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kronflux kronflux is offline

Default Sony Trinitron CPD-100ES

well, I took it apart, and I honestly was overwhelmed. I'm no
technician, and I found 2 'knobs' or something. black things that look
adjustable. I think there was one on the flyback transformer. but I'm
not positive, because I'm not even entirely sure what a flyback
transformer is or what it does. but using google, I got a general idea
of where it should be. but I can't find any labels like "screen" or
"brightness" or anything for that matter.
so I didn't want to experiment adjusting those 'knobs' without knowing
what they do, cause I'd rather not kill a monitor