Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

Default 30A duplex receptacles possible?

wrote:

On Dec 5, 7:47 pm, "S. Barker" wrote:

what in the world are you running? 60 amps is a lot of heat.

no doubt. this is for my art studio. here's a partial list:

electric griddle 12A
electric griddle 12A
heat stripping gun 12A
1 or 2 space heaters 12A each
A/C in summer 8A
computers 4A or more
tools 15A

this wouldn't all be on at the same time, but the griddles, stripping
gun, computers, and an A/C or heater would be on any time i want to do
encaustic (wax-based) painting

You may not put 15 or 20 amp outlets ("receptacles") on a 30 amp circuit.
You may put 15 or 20 amp outlets on a 20 amp circuit
(however if there is only outlet, it must be 20 amp)( NEC 210.21(B)(3) ).

I count at least 6 loads that you cannot put 2 of them at the same time
on a 20 amp circuit. You are going to need at least 6 circuits.