Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default This is a TOTAL MYSTERY....

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 21:22:34 -0500, EADGBE wrote
(in article
):

I must admit that I am at a loss as to how this deck has gotten this way. I
had not touched anything in the tape transport. The only things I had done
on this deck are the electronic repairs involving the record/erase functions
(bias oscillator, etc.)...oh, and I did replace the control motor belt, but
only AFTER the new problem started.

Silicon grease turns to glue at some point. I had that happen with some old
consumer decks.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZJ9MptZmU