Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Sony Trinitron CPD-100ES

"kronflux" wrote in message
I have a monitor here, I've had it for probably about 4 years now.
Great monitor, perfect color, just the right sharpness, everything is
fine except the brightness.
It's been like this for quite some time, and until now, it's been
tolerable, because it's been connected to an older PC that could
barely handle XP, so I didn't use it much.
but now that I've gotten a faster PC, I'm noticing that I can't even
watch videos, because its so dark.
I've got the brightness up to full, and it's still far too dark. any
suggestions?

I'm not familiar with this particular monitor, but often there's a master
brightness control inside near the flyback transformer, usually it will be
marked Screen.