Shawn

Default Square tubing bender suggestions

I have the Hossfeld #2 bender. It is a bit pricey but I never ever worry
about the dies breaking when I'm leaning all I have into the handle. There
are LOTS of dies available for this unit to bend nearly any shape in nearly
any position. They will even custom make you a die for an odd shape or
application but I imagine that would cost alot. The base package has
everything you need for up to 1/4" x 4" flat, 2" pipe (not tubing) and I
think up to 5/8" CRR. Dies are extra for square tubing. I have the die set
for 1" square and it works great. It also comes with stops and guides for
production runs. Also made in America.

Shawn
"SteveB" wrote in message
I need a bender. Mostly, I will be bending solid square bar, rod, and

flat
bar. Occasionally, I might want to bend the occasional 1/2" to 1" square
and round tubing. And then, I would like a scroll bending attachment.

I have seen these all over the board in prices. From Harbor Freight on

up.
Anyone have one of these benders, and can suggest a source, and maybe some
cautions on what to look for? Would I be better off to just get a simple
one, and not go for all the extra stuff that I might only use rarely?

Steve