Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Smaug Ichorfang Smaug Ichorfang is offline

Default Help ! Im obsessed with turning `shrooms

One of the first experiments with bending wood was inspired by these
photos:
http://olegvolk.net/olegv/cala/

I cut some basswood *very* thin and soaked it in boiling water. It became
flexable enough that I could curl it around like the leaves of the flower.
I made a "stem" out of walnut and glued the flower to it. Yet another
project that was given away without getting pictures (but this was back in
the early/mid '90's so it can be forgiven - no digital camera then).

BTW - spend some time at this site. Lose yourself (and an hour or two)
walking through the world looking at things through Oleg's eyes (and
camera).