Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default 30A duplex receptacles possible?

wrote in message
I've got about 60A of 120v equipment to run in one room (at times, all
of it simultaneously). Currently there's only one 20A circuit feeding
the entire floor. So I was thinking of installing two 30A circuits
and one 20A. I would have three ganged boxes, each holding two duplex
receptacles, and each circuit would feed two of those receptacles (in
adjacent boxes).

However, when reading my books on wiring, I see no mention of any 30A
duplex receptacles...only the single receptacles you might see for an
A/C. I could use all 20A circuits I suppose but would probably need
four. Are 30A 120v duplex receptacles something that exists? Is it
strange to do things this way?

Run a larger cable to the room, and add a subpanel there, with 20 amp breakers
as needed.

Bob