Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
goaway goaway is offline

Default Is there much of an R value to sheetrock?

Jim,
I have used peg board over sheet rock. I wanted the fire retarding
aspect. ONE KEY POINT. This approach requires theat the peg board be spaced
off the sheet rock !!!!

Paul

"jtpr" wrote in message
I'm getting ready to do the exterior walls in my garage (workshop)
here in the Portsmouth, NH area. I'm going to use R-19 exterior (2x6
walls) for the insulation. But I was thinking, they have this silver
pegboard at HD that would be kind of cool to use. My question is how
much of a loss would I suffer if I JUST used the pegboard and skipped
the sheetrock (1/2") altogether? The garage will be heated. The
dimensions are 20x20x11 and it is new construction.

Thanks in advance.
-Jim