Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Alternative to fiberglass insulation in a crawl space

"Dan" wrote in message
Thanks for the replies. The house is in a suburban area, but heavily
wooded. I don't think it's an issue of garbage or dog food. The
footprint of the crawlspace is probably 1300 sq'. If you're as small and
clever as a rat, and basically have nothing else to do when not looking
for food & screwing, the odds of you finding a gap for entry are pretty
favorable. I'm thinking given the history, and the complexity of finding
& irreversibly sealing off every conceivable entry point, if there were an
insulation alternative that wasn't quite as accomodating as fiberglass
batts, it might be a good choice.

Dan

Do you need regular access to the crawlspace for maintenance?