Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Giving this another shot...Labtec LCS-2412

Mr. Land wrote:
About 2 years ago I posted here trying to find someone who might have
schematics for a Labtec (now Logitech) LCS-2412 computer speaker
system.

Despite repeated requests from me, Labtec refused to supply them (they
were "proprietary"). When Labtec was subsequently purchased by
Logitech, whatever service materials they had on file for this unit
were apparently lost, as Logitech support informed me they were not
available.

Any suggestions on where I could look (e.g. online schematics sites)
would be much appreciated, or if someone actually has these, I'd be
willing to pay you for a copy.

Thanks.

I'd give it up, myself. That kind of unit is unlikely to have anything
very complicated inside anyway. If you're really set on repairing them,
buy a few 'chip amp' kits which use the same supply voltage and
substitute those for the original circuitry. Couldn't cost more than
ten or fifteen bucks. If you can ID the particular chip amps contained
in the original circuitry, buy a one of the chips and sub it out.
There's very little else to go bad in such gear.

jak