Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default Clausing 1301 Cross top slide Part 2

oldjag wrote:
Well I guess I'll keep an eye out for a compound type cross slide one
for a few more weeks. The rear cutoff feature is not really that
useful for what I would use the lathe for. The issue getting a used
one is that the doner lathe has to be pretty clapped out before
someone will part it out, and by that time the cross slides are
probably pretty worn out too.

I dunno, I've seen plenty of pristine machines broken up and sold in
pieces, because they are worth more than a whole one in like-new condition.