jim rozen

Default Wiring 3 phase switch for 2 phase power

In article , DoN. Nichols says...

From the 2002 NEC

...must open only as many motor circuit conductors as
may be necessary to stop the motor,...

This means that my earlier circuit to reverse a 220V
single-phase motor with a single three-pole double-throw center off
switch would be legal, as long as there was a disconnect provided
(which in my case would have been the twist-lock power connector near
the lathe).

But then again, that was then. This OTOH would be 2004 so
to be absolutely certain that code book should be inspected.

Jim

please reply to: